CRITICALL ONTARIO - CONNECTING PHYSICIANS, RESOURCES AND CARE
CritiCall Ontario's services include:
- 24-hour-a-day emergency referral service for physicians across the Province of Ontario.
- Facilitating advice (consultation) and effecting decisions (patient referral) for emergent, urgent and critically ill patients.
- Access to Pediatric Critical Care Response Teams based at the province's designated Children's Hospitals
- Facilitating 'repatriation' of patients sent out of the province by CritiCall, back to Ontario for the remainder of their care. (Click here for Prior Approval Application for Full Payment of Insured Out-of-Country Health Services)
- Providing services for hospitals in the event of "major or moderate surge" and "disaster" that requires transfer of patients.
- Providing a provincial bed board that documents the "status of" and "access to" acute care beds within the Province of Ontario.
- Providing administrative and technical support for the Critical Care Information System (CCIS) as well as CCIS implementation, training and problem-solving support to the critical care units in Ontario hospitals.
CritiCall Ontario also provides:
Support for Hospitals Experiencing Moderate Surge for Critical Care Services
- If your hospital is experiencing a moderate surge related to demand for critical care services, your hospital’s Chief Executive Officer or designate can contact the province’s dedicated Surge Response Line at 1-877- ONTSURGE (668-7874) for assistance.
- For more information about this service and surge response, please review the Moderate Surge Response Plan or select from the links below:
- Process for Declaring a Moderate Surge: Algorithm outlining the step by step process for declaring a Moderate Surge.
- Process for Accessing Provincial Ventilator Stockpile: Algorithm outlining the step by step process for access and release of ventilators from the provincial stockpile.
- Index Hospital SBAR Form: To be completed by the Index Hospital’s critical care team (critical care manager, director or other delegate) and provided to the Hospital CEO/senior delegate prior to the Moderate Surge preamble call organized by CritiCall.
- Partner Hospital Reporting Form: To be completed by Partner Hospitals prior to joining the Moderate Surge teleconference (organized by CritiCall)
Access to Ventilators for Critical Care Patients
- If your hospital requires access to additional ventilators due to increasing demands for critical care services, contact CritiCall Ontario at 1-800-ONTHELP (668-4357).
- Click here to review the Ventilator Request Process.
Provincial Policies and Consultation Guidelines
Click on the links below to access more information on the following:
We welcome your input. Click here to send us your feedback or contact us at:
1725 Upper James Street, Suite 200, Hamilton, Ontario.
We are available to serve you, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at